How many of the following tasks you need to complete depends on which components of Horizon 7 you use in your deployment.
1. Upgrade the Horizon Client software that runs on end users’ client devices.
2. On the physical or virtual machines that host View Composer and VMware® vCenter Server™, make backups and temporarily halt certain scheduled tasks. See Preparing vCenter Server and View Composer for an Upgrade.
If you have a standalone View Composer, which is installed in a separate machine from vCenter Server, you need only make a backup of the View Composer database and the View Composer TLS/SSL certificate. You can schedule an upgrade of vCenter Server separately, if you want to also upgrade vCenter Server.
For details about which versions of Horizon are compatible with which versions of vCenter Server and ESXi, see the VMware Product Interoperability Matrix at
http://www.vmware.com/resources/ compatibility/sim/php. VMware, Inc. 6
3 Upgrade View Composer on the existing host or migrate to a new machine. See Upgrade View Composer.
4. On the physical or virtual machines that host Connection Server instances, make backups and record various configurations and system settings. See Preparing Connection Server for an Upgrade.
If you have multiple Connection Server instances in a replicated group, make backups and record configuration settings for only one instance in the group. For other preparation tasks, you can perform the tasks for one instance at a time, just before you perform the upgrade of that server instance.
5. Upgrade Connection Server instances that are not paired with secure servers. See Upgrade Connection Servers in a Replicated Group. In a typical production environment that consists of two or more Connection Server instances fronted by a load balancer, if you need to minimize downtime, you can remove Connection Server instances from the load-balanced cluster one at a time while you upgrade them. Important After you upgrade a Connection Server instance to the latest version, you cannot downgrade that instance to an earlier version. After you upgrade all Connection Server instances in a replicated group, you cannot add another instance that runs an earlier version.
6. If you use secure servers, make backups and record various configurations and system settings. See Preparing Security Server for an Upgrade. To minimize downtime, you can perform these tasks for one security server at a time, just before you perform the upgrade of that server.
7. If you use security servers, upgrade each security server and its paired Connection Server instance. If you upgrade these pairs one by one, removing each security server from the load-balanced group, upgrading the pair, and then adding the security server back to the group, you can achieve zero downtime. See Upgrade Security Servers and Their Paired Connection Servers.
8 Upgrade the group policies used in Active Directory. See Using Horizon 7 Group Policy Administrative Template Files.
9. If you are also upgrading VMware vSphere components, upgrade the vCenter Server. See Upgrade vCenter Server. During the vCenter Server upgrade, existing remote desktop and application sessions will not be disconnected. Remote desktops that are in a provisioning state will not get powered on during the vCenter Server upgrade, new desktops cannot be launched and View Composer operations are not allowed during the vCenter Server upgrade.
10. If you are also upgrading vSphere, upgrade the VMware® ESXi™ hosts and virtual machines. See Chapter 6 Upgrade ESXi Hosts and Their Virtual Machines. ESXi hosts can be upgraded with zero downtime by vMotioning the virtual machines to another host in the cluster if hosts are configured under clustered environment.
11. If you currently use Windows Terminal Services servers as desktop sources, upgrade to Windows Server 2008 R2 or later and verify that the RDS Host role is installed. See Upgrade RDS Hosts That Provide Session-Based Desktops Horizon 7 Upgrades VMware, Inc. 7
12. Upgrade the Horizon™ Agent or View Agent™ software that runs on the physical or virtual machines that are used as desktop sources, as full-clone desktops in a pool, and as individual desktops in a manual pool. See Upgrade View Agent or Horizon Agent.
13. Use the newly upgraded virtual machine desktop sources to create upgraded pools of desktops. See Upgrade View Composer Desktop Pools.
ViewComposer Upgrade Activity,
Run as administrator setup for VMware-view composer7.10.0.
*Enter the DSN and type DB user id and password. Click on the next step up and use an existing SSL certificate
*Login to CS server >Server>Click on edit >Edit on View Composer server settings>Verify Server settings.
*Take a Backup of the Connection Server.
*Disable Connection Server.
*Use the vdmexport.exe utility to back up the LDAP database Connection Server: –
*Restart the Connection/Replica Server before installing.
* Use the vdmexport.exe utility to back up the LDAP database Other Connection Server: –
*Login in CS>global settings>Click on send domain list.